American Citizens residing in Slovakia may receive their Social Security Benefits in Slovakia. The fees charged by the local bank, however, are often substantial.
U.S. Treasury Checks (including Social Security and tax Refunds) payable to American Citizens residing in Slovakia are generally sent to the beneficiary’s local address or electronically transferred to CSOB bank in Slovakia.
There is no SSA representative at the U.S. Embassy Bratislava. We can forward your inquiries for direct reply to the nearest SSA representative at the Regional Federal Benefits Unit in Frankfurt, Germany.
Our number in Bratislava is 421-2-5443-0861; fax 421-2-5441-8861, and our address is:
American Embassy (Americke Velvyslanectvo)
814 99 Bratislava
You may also contact us via e-mail at: email@example.com
Below are several links which may also be of use to you:
- Social Security Online, the official site of the Social Security Administration
- Medicare, the official U.S. Government site for people with Medicare
- VBA, the official site of the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- VBA’s Foreign Service Program, a description of all benefits and services offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs outside of the United States
- RRB, the official site of the U.S. Railroad Retirement Board
- DOL, the official site of the U.S Department of Labor