NOTE: If your current passport was issued before you were 16 years of age or if it was issued more than 15 years ago, you must follow the instructions for an Adult’s Passport – First Time (for U.S. Citizens aged 16 and older) or Replacement for a Lost/Stolen Passport.
Applications for renewal of an adult’s U.S. passport are accepted at Embassy Bratislava in person (for filing in person please make an appointment online). The following documents/items must be presented to the ACS Unit:
- Your current or recently expired U.S. passport – original plus one copy of bio page
- Social Security number card of the applicant (passport application without social security number is unacceptable and will be returned). If you never had a SSN issued to you, please use the Declaration.
- One photo – U.S. Passport Photo Requirements
- The passport renewal fee. It can be paid at the ACS Unit in U.S. dollars or equivalent in EUR, or by major credit card
- A completed and signed DS-82 Application Form
- If your name has changed, such as due to marriage or divorce, you must bring appropriate documentation of the change – original plus one copy
- If all conditions are met you can use DS-82 (disregard the mailing instructions on the application as they apply in the United States) if you apply in person/overseas
For delivery of your passport/visa/ by mail, please bring
One envelope for insured letter (Obalka na POISTENY LIST ) and postal stamps in value of 3,30 EUR – available at post offices