Lost or Stolen Passport

If your U.S. passport has been lost or stolen, you should submit the application for a replacement as soon as possible.

The Embassy recommends that you obtain a police report for a lost or stolen passport, to document the event and protect your personal identity.

Applications for these passports are accepted in person. For filing in person please make an appointment online. The applicant must appear in person and present the following documents:

  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship (such as: an old U.S. passport, Certificate of Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, a certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate, etc.) – original plus one copy of bio page
  • Proof of Identity (such as a current Driver’s License or other government-issued photo I.D.) (Please note: if your name on your ID differs from that on your proof of citizenship, you will need to present evidence of the name change.) – original plus one copy
  • Social Security number card of the applicant (passport application without social security number is unacceptable and will be returned)
  • One photo – U.S. Passport Photo Requirements (Starting November 1, 2016, eye glasses will no longer be allowed in passport photos.)
  • The passport execution and issuances fees. It can be paid at the ACS Unit in U.S. dollars or equivalent in EUR, or by major credit card.
  • A completed and signed DS-11 Application Form
  • If applicable, a copy of a police report regarding theft of a previous passport and
  • A completed Statement of Loss Form DS-64

For delivery of  your passport/visa/ by mail, please bring

One envelope for insured letter (Obalka na POISTENY LIST )  and  postal stamps in value of 3,30 EUR  – available at post offices