Child’s Passport (Birth to Age 16)

Each U.S. citizen must have his or her own U.S. passport when traveling abroad, including newborns and infants. Children’s passports are valid for a maximum of five years. Applications for these passports are accepted in person. For filing in person please make an appointment online. The applicant – i.e. the child – must appear in person and with the following:

  • The child must be accompanied by both parents or legal guardian and that person must bring his/her I.D. (such as a passport or drivers lic.) – original plus one copy of bio page
  • Proof of the child’s U.S. Citizenship (such as a previous U.S. passport, a Certificate of Citizenship, or a Certificate of Naturalization) – original plus one copy
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad or a certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate – original plus one copy
  • Social Security number card of the applicant (passport application without social security number is unacceptable and will be returned)
  • One photo – U.S. Passport Photo Requirements
  • The passport execution and issuances fees. They can be paid at the ACS Unit in U.S. dollars or equivalent in EUR, or by major credit card.
  • A completed DS-11 Application Form
  • Declaration (PDF, 144 KB) that the child has never been issued a Social Security number
  • Parental Permission and Evidence of Parentage (required for all children under age 16). Both parents must accompany the child to the embassy to countersign the child’s passport application, presenting a copy of the child’s birth certificate showing the names of the child’s parents and their own photo IDs to prove they are those parents. A legal guardian must bring certified documents showing that the guardianship was appointed by a court of competent jurisdiction. There are some exceptions:
    • If one parent is unable to accompany the child, that parent must provide a Statement of Consent to issuance of a passport for the child. Please note: it must be signed and notarized – either at the U.S. Embassy in the country where the parent resides/travels or before a U.S. notary public. Notarization before a foreign notary public is not accepted.
    • If the child only has one living parent or one legal parent, the parent must provide documentary evidence of that fact (such as a custody decree, death certificate, birth certificate showing only one parent, etc)
    • This requirement can be waived in certain extenuating circumstances.

For delivery of  your passport/visa/ by mail, please bring

One envelope for insured letter (Obalka na POISTENY LIST )  and  postal stamps in value of 3,30 EUR  – available at post offices.