The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit of the Embassy’s Consular Section provides both routine and emergency services to American citizens in Slovakia. To schedule an appointment for consular services including passport renewal, please visit our appointment website. If you need an appointment for an earlier date, please email email@example.com to inquire about expedited appointment availability. Normal hours of operations are: Monday – Friday 8.00 – 11.45 AM and 2.00 – 3.15 PM. The Embassy is closed on U.S. and Slovak official holidays.
NOTICE ON ALLOWABLE USE OF EXPIRED PASSPORTS
If you are overseas and your passport expired on or after January 1, 2020, you may be able to use your expired passport to return directly to the United States until December 31, 2021.
You qualify for this exception if all the following are true:
- You are a U.S. citizen.
- You are currently abroad seeking direct return to the United States.
- You are flying directly to the United States, a United States territory, or have only short-term transit (“connecting flights”) through a foreign country on your direct return to the United States or to a United States Territory.
- Your expired passport was originally valid for 10 years. Or, if you were 15 years of age or younger when the passport was issued, your expired passport was valid for 5 years.
- Your expired passport is undamaged.
- Your expired passport is unaltered.
- Your expired passport is in your possession.
You do not qualify for this exception if:
- You wish to depart from the United States to an international destination.
- You are currently abroad seeking to travel to a foreign country for any length of stay longer than an airport connection en route to the United States or to a United States territory.
- Your expired passport was limited in validity.
- Your expired passport is a special issuance passport (such as a diplomatic, official, service, or no-fee regular passport).
- Your expired passport is damaged.
- Your expired passport is altered.
- Your expired passport is not in your possession.
Please be advised that currently, routine passport processing WITHIN the United States can take 10-12 weeks. If you apply to renew your passport within the United States and need it in less than 10-12 weeks due to international travel plans, you can pay an additional $60 fee to expedite your passport, which will shorten the processing time to 4-6 weeks. Routine passport processing at the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava takes about two weeks from your interview date.
How to Create ePodaci harok for Easy Expres 1 Envelope (Microsoft Power Point, 5 MB)