Ukraine Related Calls: +1 606 260 4379 (outside the U.S.) or +1 833 741 2777 (from the U.S.) Read More…
On April 21, 2022, President Biden announced Uniting for Ukraine, a new streamlined process to provide Ukrainian citizens who have fled Russia’s unprovoked war of aggression opportunities to come to the United States. U.S. embassies abroad do not administer this program. For information and application instructions, please visit: https://www.dhs.gov/ukraine. For information about standard nonimmigrant and immigrant visas for Ukrainians, please visit: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/information-for-nationals-of-Ukraine.html
The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit of the Embassy’s Consular Section provides both routine and emergency services to American citizens in Slovakia. To schedule an appointment for consular services, please visit our appointment website. If you need an appointment for an earlier date, please email email@example.com to inquire about expedited appointment availability. Normal hours of operations are: Monday – Friday 8.00 – 11.45 AM and 2.00 – 3.15 PM. The Embassy is closed on U.S. and Slovak official holidays.
As of November 8, 2021, all travelers to the U.S., including U.S. citizens, need to comply with new testing and vaccination requirements as determined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Please see the Department of State’s information page and FAQ page for details.
NOTICE ON ALLOWABLE USE OF EXPIRED PASSPORTS
If you are overseas and your passport expired on or after January 1, 2020, you may be able to use your expired passport to return directly to the United States until March 31, 2022.
You qualify for this exception if all the following are true:
- You are a U.S. citizen.
- You are currently abroad seeking direct return to the United States.
- You are flying directly to the United States, a United States territory, or have only short-term transit (“connecting flights”) through a foreign country on your direct return to the United States or to a United States Territory.
- Your expired passport was originally valid for 10 years. Or, if you were 15 years of age or younger when the passport was issued, your expired passport was valid for 5 years.
- Your expired passport is undamaged.
- Your expired passport is unaltered.
- Your expired passport is in your possession.
You do not qualify for this exception if:
- You wish to depart from the United States to an international destination.
- You are currently abroad seeking to travel to a foreign country for any length of stay longer than an airport connection en route to the United States or to a United States territory.
- Your expired passport was limited in validity.
- Your expired passport is a special issuance passport (such as a diplomatic, official, service, or no-fee regular passport).
- Your expired passport is damaged.
- Your expired passport is altered.
- Your expired passport is not in your possession.
Please be advised that currently, routine passport processing WITHIN the United States can take 10-12 weeks. If you apply to renew your passport within the United States and need it in less than 10-12 weeks due to international travel plans, you can pay an additional $60 fee to expedite your passport, which will shorten the processing time to 4-6 weeks. Routine passport processing at the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava takes about two weeks from your interview date.
The Consulate is located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie #4, Bratislava, Slovakia. It is adjacent to the main U.S. Embassy building, between the Czech Embassy and the Hotel Carlton.
Mailing Address: U.S. Embassy, P.O.Box 309, 814 99 Bratislava, Slovakia
Tel: +421 2 5443 0861
Fax: +421 2 5441 8861