Subject: Large Protest in Bratislava on July 24
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Date and Time: Saturday, July 24 from 3pm to 8pm
Event: A large protest organized by the National March for Life and a pro-life event is scheduled tomorrow. The protest has been taking place in Slovakia since 2013. The event may also attract counter protesters and other groups, including anti-LGBTQ/Pride Day, neo-Nazis and otherss that take advantage of protests to promote their own agendas, sometimes encouraging violence and clashing with police.
Saturday’s protest is scheduled to begin at 3pm at Rudnayaovo Square and protestors will march in the surrounding streets. However, the protest could spread to other areas, including the Presidential Palace. Avoid these areas due to the possibility of violence and large number of protesters.
Route: Rudnayovo Sq, Kapitulska St, Farska St, Podjazd, Michalska St, Panska St, Rybne Sq, and back to Rudnayovo Sq.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area(s) of the demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile and pay attention to your surroundings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates: Slovak Spectatoris a local English language newspaper; Radio RSI is a radio station with some English.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at +02 5443 0861, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +0903 703 666.
- To reach Consular Affairs in Washington, D.C., call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Visit the wepage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook