The U.S. Embassy advises the community of security issues that may arise related to the Hell’s Angels Motorcycle Club (HAMC) World Run.
Event: Hell’s Angels Motorcycle Club (HAMC) World Run
Location: Around Bratislava and Samorin
Date: May 31 to June 4
The HAMC is an organization whose members use their club for criminal activity that includes violent crime, weapons trafficking, and drug trafficking. The United States government has designated HAMC as an outlaw motorcycle gang and banned entry to the United States for any foreign national who is an active member. Every year, the HAMC holds a large event called the World Run, where all chapters from across the globe come together to discuss and meet regarding club business.
Currently, estimates of Hell’s Angels and their affiliates that will arrive to Slovakia are in the thousands. Past World Run events have seen violence, including an incident at the Greece World Run in 2015 where Hell’s Angels members severely beat a Greek national, who later died because of their injuries.
Embassy personnel are advised to avoid areas where members of HAMC will be present, including Hotel Tatra in Bratislava and Hotel Kormoran in Samorin. The following bars/clubs may also have a significant presence of HAMC members: Saloon HDB, Golden Life Nightclub, and Royal Nightclub. Not every HAMC member will display their club apparel, however, many will wear the “Death Head” logo on their clothing.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the events.
- Keep a low profile and pay attention to your surroundings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings.
- If you encounter a member of the HAMC, do not engage, do not take photos, and avoid any attention that may elevate into an altercation.
- Monitor local media for updates: Slovak Spectator is a local English language newspaper; Radio RSI is a radio station with some English.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at +02 5443 0861, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +0903 703 666.
- To reach Consular Affairs in Washington, D.C., call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m – Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Visit the webpage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook