Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Please be informed of an ongoing incident near the Eurovea Shopping Mall/Ruzinov. During a construction project, workers uncovered an unexploded artillery shell from WWII. Slovak authorities are actively working to safely remove and transport the shell from the area. About six blocks surrounding the area of the Nivy Bus Station, including all roads, have been closed. Visitors should expect significant traffic delays and possible interruption to mass transit for the remainder of the afternoon.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- Follow all instructions from authorities.
- Monitor local media for updates: Slovak Spectator is a local English language newspaper; Radio RSI is a radio station with some English.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at 02/544 308 61, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +421-903-703-666.
- To reach Consular Affairs in Washington, D.C., call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Visit the webpage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook