Event: A soccer match will take place in Bratislava on Wednesday July 27 at 20:30 between Slovan Bratislava and Ferencvaros Budapest at the National Soccer Stadium. In addition to the match, a music concert is scheduled to occur at the neighboring NTC Arena on the same day and time. Due to the potential unrest between rival fans, RSO advises Embassy personnel to avoid the following areas beginning at 19:00 on Wednesday evening:
- National Soccer Stadium and surrounding streets
- National Tennis Center (NTC) Arena
- Train Station Nove Mesto (arriving location of Ferencaros fans)
- Bus Station Mlynske Nivy
Additionally, please use caution in bars and restaurants of Old Town as it is likely many of these businesses will be patronized by fans from both teams during and after the match.
– Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at 02/544 308 61, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +421-903-703-666. E-mail constact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– To reach Consular Affairs in Washington, D.C., call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
– Visit the webpage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava