Location: Hodzovo námestie, Námestie Slobody, Námestie SNP, Park Gabora Barossa, Námestie Alexandra Dubčeka, and Zámocká street at the castle wall
Time: 10:00 to 22:00; a vehicle protest from 14:00 to 20:00 may also disrupt traffic patterns
Event: Demonstrations against the Slovak government are expected to take place as the country commemorates Freedom and Democracy Day. They may draw up to 5,000 participants. U.S. government personnel have been advised to avoid the listed areas and Slovak government buildings.
Actions to Take:
· Avoid the area of the demonstrations.
· Keep a low profile and pay attention to your surroundings.
· Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
· Monitor local media for updates: Slovak Spectator is a local English language newspaper; Radio RSI is a radio station with some English.
· Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at +02 5443 0861, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +0903 703 666.
· To reach Consular Affairs in Washington, D.C., call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
· Visit the wepage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava