Subject: Demonstrations in Bratislava on Friday, April 28
Location: National Soccer Stadium and surrounding areas (Bajkalska St., Vajnorska St., Trnavska St.); Nove Mesto Bus/Tram Stop
Time: 20:30, but fans may arrive as early as 17:00
Event: The U.S Embassy would like to advise of demonstrations organized by soccer fans from rival teams. There will be a large police presence, but potential remains for clashes between groups of fans.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area of the demonstrations. Avoid large groups of soccer fans.
- Use caution in bars and restaurants in Old Town where groups of fans are present.
- Keep a low profile and pay attention to your surroundings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates: Slovak Spectator is a local English language newspaper; Radio RSI is a radio station with some English.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at +02 5443 0861, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +0903 703 666.
- To reach Consular Affairs in Washington, D.C., call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m – Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Visit the webpage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook