February 5, 2021
Current Situation in Slovakia: Starting Monday, February 8, Slovakia will adopt the COVID-19 Traffic Light System, which will update pandemic control measures regionally based on predetermined criteria. An English-language explanation of the Traffic Light System is available here. Anyone physically present in a district in the black or dark red phase must carry with them outside their homes proof of a negative test less than 7 days old, a complete vaccination (two doses), or proof of recovery from COVID-19 not more than three months ago. As of February 5, all of Slovakia is in the black phase (highest level; few activities are allowed outside the home). For testing information and details on excepted activities, see the Covid-19 webpage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava. Current entry, exit, and transit requirements, including information about transit to the airport in Vienna, are also available at the Covid-19 webpage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava.
American Citizen Services: The American Citizen Services section at the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava is accepting limited appointments for routine and emergency services during the lockdown period.
Social Distancing Measures: Please adhere to all Slovak laws and regulations regarding social distancing and mask usage. No social gatherings are currently allowed. For more details, see the COVID-19 info page of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava.
Actions to Take:
– Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
– For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
– Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
– Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
– Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for regular updates on conditions in Slovakia.
– Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
– Visit the Slovak Ministry of Public Health COVID-19 webpage.
– Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at 02/544 308 61, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +421-903-703-666.
– To reach Consular Affairs in Washington, D.C., call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
– Visit the webpage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava