January 20, 2021
Current Situation in Slovakia: Due to the rising number of COVID-19 cases in Slovakia, the Slovak government has announced another round of nationwide testing. Tests performed from January 18 to January 26 are valid for activity during January 27 through February 2. A second round of testing may be required for some districts the following week. A negative test, complete vaccination (two doses, the later of which was taken at least 14 days before Jan. 27), or proof of recovery from COVID-19 within the last 90 days will be required for nearly all activities outside the home. For testing information and details on excepted activities, see the Covid-19 webpage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava. Current entry, exit, and transit requirements, including information about transit to the airport in Vienna, are also available at the Covid-19 webpage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava.
American Citizen Services: The American Citizen Services section at the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava is accepting limited appointments for routine and emergency services during the lockdown period.
Social Distancing Measures: Please adhere to all Slovak laws and regulations regarding social distancing and mask usage. No social gatherings are allowed during the lockdown, through at least February 7. For more details, see the COVID-19 info page of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for regular updates on conditions in Slovakia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Slovak Ministry of Public Health COVID-19 webpage.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at 02/544 308 61, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +421-903-703-666.
- To reach Consular Affairs in Washington, D.C., call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Visit the webpage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook