December 18, 2020
Current Situation in Slovakia: As of December 19 at 5:00 AM, new partial lockdown regulations go into effect, and will remain in effect until at least January 10. All shops (except for those providing essential goods and services) are closed. All schools, including kindergartens and preschools, are closed. For details on excepted activities and exemptions, see the Covid-19 webpage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava. Current entry, exit, and transit requirements, including new regulations regarding transit to/from the airport in Vienna, Austria, are also available at the Covid-19 webpage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava.
American Citizen Services: American Citizen Services at the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava is only accepting appointments for urgent services between December 21-January 10. Limited appointment slots for routine services are available for after January 10.
Social Distancing Measures: Please adhere to all Slovak laws and regulations regarding social distancing and mask usage. Currently in most cases, masks are required in public, and private gatherings are capped at six participants. Stay informed via reputable sources including the Ministry of Public Health’s English language webpage and the COVID-19 info page of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for regular updates on conditions in Slovakia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Slovak Ministry of Public Health COVID-19 webpage.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at 02/544 308 61, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +421-903-703-666.
- To reach Consular Affairs in Washington, D.C., call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Visit the webpage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook