Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Bratislava, Slovakia, COVID-19 Status Update
October 23, 2020
Current situation in the country: From October 24 through November 1, 2020 the Slovak government will enforce a partial lockdown for all people residing in Slovakia. All persons have until October 25 to return to their place of residence in Slovakia. No one may leave their residence, except for special excepted activities, and the government will conduct nationwide COVID-19 testing during weekends of October 31 to November 1, 2020 and November 6 to November 8, 2020. Testing is voluntary, however persons without proof of a negative test performed during this time must isolate at home for 10 days. For more information, including on excepted activities, visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 website here.
American Citizen Services: Effective October 23, 2020, the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website here.
Overseas Voting: U.S. citizens living overseas can vote absentee in their state’s upcoming election, no matter where they are. The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and the potential impact it may have on the election cycle. For additional information on registering to vote and potential changes to your state’s election, visit the FAP website here. You may drop off completed ballots during business hours 8AM-5PM, Monday to Friday, at the front gate of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava. For more information, please visit the Embassy’s voting assistance website here.
Social Distancing Measures: Please remember to adhere to all Slovak laws and regulations, especially in these trying times. As the situation is dynamic, please keep informed through reputable sources including the Ministry of Public Health’s English language webpage and the Embassy COVID-19 website here.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for daily updates on conditions in Slovakia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Slovak Ministry of Public Health COVID-19 webpage.
- U.S. Embassy Bratislava, Slovakia
Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5
+02 5443 0861, 8:00 – 5:00 PM weekdays
+09 0370 3666 After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizensState Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444-Visit the Embassy webpage
-Slovakia Country Information
-Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts.
-Follow us on Twitter and Facebook