Current situation in the country: The Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that the State Department keeps its global level four health advisory for Slovakia in place. We strongly recommend that you avoid unnecessary travel and take all sanitary precautions necessary to protect yourself and those around you.
Flight Availability: There are multiple commercial flights from various European cities with direct service to the United States available daily. As there are daily commercial flights available, the Embassy does not anticipate organizing direct charter flights to America. For more information on return to the United States visit the U.S. Embassy website here and the Department of Homeland Security website here.
American Citizen Services: The Embassy is open for all routine American Citizen Services (ACS). If you are in need of ACS, please reach out to the Embassy to make an appointment.
Overseas Voting: U.S. citizens living overseas can vote absentee in their state’s upcoming election, no matter where they are. The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and the potential impact it may have on the election cycle. For additional information on registering to vote and potential changes to your state’s election, visit the FAP website here.
Social Distancing Measures: Please remember to adhere to all Slovak laws and regulations, especially in these trying times. As the situation is dynamic, please keep informed through reputable sources including the Ministry of Public Health’s English language webpage and the Embassy site that is updated daily.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for daily updates on conditions in Slovakia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Slovak Ministry of Public Health COVID-19 webpage.
- U.S. Embassy Bratislava, Slovakia
Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5
+02 5443 0861, 8:00 – 5:00 PM weekdays
+09 0370 3666 After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Visit the Embassy webpage
- Slovakia Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook