Bratislava, Slovakia; April 21, 2020
On Monday, April 20, 2020, Slovak officials announced a four phase plan to ease quarantine regulations related to COVID-19. Officials announced that progression through the phases will depend on the average daily number of newly diagnosed COVID-19 cases and that special restrictions may be enacted as needed to maintain proper social distancing.
Phase one is scheduled to go into effect Wednesday, April 22 and will allow the opening of businesses up to 300 m2, restaurants that serve food through a to-go window, outdoor sports facilities, outdoor markets, auto sales and servicing, and long-term hotels. The rest of the proposed reopening can be found in the below chart.
|Businesses – Up to 300 sq. m||Short-term Hotels||Businesses – up to 1000 sq. m||Movies, Theatres|
|Take-out food||No dining rooms||Outdoor restaurants, cafes||Swimming pools|
|Outdoor sports facilities||Hair and Nail Salons||Massage, Sports rehab||Mass gatherings|
|No locker rooms||Outdoor tourist sites||Only ‘dry’ procedures||Shopping malls|
|No-contact sports||Taxis||Museums, galleries, libraries||Indoor sports facilities|
|Long-term hotels/housing||With hygiene measures||With hygiene controls||Spectator sports|
|Outdoor markets||Children’s clubs||Hotels and resorts|
|Auto sales and service||For children under 10||No restrictions|
|Religious services, weddings||Schools, universities|
|Crowd size limited|
American citizens are reminded that on March 19, the U.S. Department of State declared a worldwide level four health alert advising U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. U.S. citizens currently in Slovakia that live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. U.S. citizens who live in Slovakia should avoid all international travel.
COVID-19 Related Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Slovakia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at +421 254 430 861, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +421 903 703 666.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Visit the Embassy webpage.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook