November 16, 2020
Current Situation in the Country: Beginning November 16, 2020, new entry requirements to Slovakia are in effect at all borders. Note that none of the countries boarding Slovakia are currently classified as “green low-risk” for purposes of entry to Slovakia; a valid negative COVID-19 test and/or home quarantine is now required for most types of travelers entering Slovakia from most countries in the world. Requirements are outlined on the COVID-19 info page of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava. For more detailed information in English, including on exceptions to the new regulations, please see the Decree of the Public Health Authority. Persons physically present in Slovakia no longer need to carry proof of a negative COVID-19 test from the nationwide testing period, as was required during the partial lockdown of Oct. 26-Nov. 14.
American Citizen Services: As of November 16, 2020, American Citizen Services at the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava is accepting limited appointment requests for routine services.
Social Distancing Measures: Please remember to adhere to all Slovak laws and regulations, especially in these trying times. As the situation is dynamic, please keep informed through reputable sources including the Ministry of Public Health’s English language webpage and COVID-19 info page of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for regular updates on conditions in Slovakia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Slovak Ministry of Public Health COVID-19 webpage.
- U.S. Embassy Bratislava, Slovakia: Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5, Bratislava, Slovakia
– +02 5443 0861, 8:00 – 5:00 PM weekdays
– +09 0370 3666 After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Visit the Embassy webpage
- Slovakia Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook