The Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSIs) for Student Leaders is an intensive short term academic program that provides groups of undergraduate student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States, while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills. The program covers costs related to travel, accommodation, studies, and study tours in the United States, as well as program administration costs.
SUSI uses five-to-six-week academic programs specifically designed for foreign undergraduate students between the ages of 18 and 25. Educational institutes include a four-week academic residency consisting of interactive classroom activities, discussions, lectures, readings, site visits, and workshops; a one week educational study tour to a different region of the United States then includes leadership skills building activities, community service projects, and opportunities to interact with their American peers on a college campus. Each Institute includes approximately 20 participants from selected countries.
- Undergraduates can apply to the 5-week academic program Study of the U.S. Institutes until January 11th, 2021
- You’ll have the opportunity to get know America first-hand
- You’ll have the opportunity make new friends from all parts of the world
2021 Host Universities for Select Topics
- Civic Engagement Studies: Bard College (New York State), University of South Carolina, Foundation for International Understanding Through Students (FIUTS) at the University of Washington (Seattle)
- Education and the Future of Work Studies: FIUTS at the University of Washington (Seattle), University of Massachusetts (Boston)
For more info about the program click here: https://bit.ly/3mUrSUQ
The application period closes on January 11, 2021.
Please, send your application and any questions about the program to the Slovak Fulbright Commission and the U.S. Embassy Bratislava at both email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Finalists will be invited for an interview as part of the selection procedure; interviews will be conducted in English.