Vendor Registration with the U. S. Government

Company Registration Process

In order to do business with U.S. Embassy Bratislava, your company must obtain a number from Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) and NATO Commercial and Governmental Entity (NCAGE), and company must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM).  This is required by U. S. Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) 4.11 for all contractors except for contracts at, or below USD 30,000 awarded to non–U.S. vendors.

Before registering in SAM the entity will need a DUNS number and NCAGE code.  The company information provided during the DUNS and NCAGE code registration process must be 100% identical; otherwise the final registration in SAM will create an error messages.

  1. DUNS registration

The first step is to obtain a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number, which is a unique nine-character identification number provided by the commercial company Dun and Bradstreet (D&B).

To request a DUNS number call D&B at the toll free number 1-866-705-5711 or register online at

D&B registration web page

Local contractors may request the DUNS number from Slovak BISNODE Office at The process can take 24 hours or more.

  1. NCAGE – NATO Commercial and Governmental Entity (NCAGE) Code.

To receive an NCAGE please submit a request online at

Local contractors may contact the NATO Slovak Office directly at the following e-mail address:  

Ing. Stanislav Jalovičiar

štátny radca odboru kodifikácie

Úrad pre obrannú štandardizáciu,
kodifikáciu a štátne overovanie kvality
P.O.BOX 61
Martina Rázusa 7
911 01  Trenčín

tel.: 00421 960 338 920


After you have received the code, you must wait until the code appears in the CAGE CODE database.  This may take several days.  The Cage Code website is: 

  1. SAM Registration

What is SAM?

The System for Award Management (SAM) is the official U.S. Government system that consolidates the capabilities of CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLS.  Detailed information about SAM is available online at

Each vendor is responsible for the accuracy and currency of their information.  SAM validates the vendor information and provides a secure central database for use by U.S. Federal Government agencies.

To register online, go to the SAM web portal – select “Create A User Account”.  You will need your DUNS number and NCAGE code during registration (see more information above).  We kindly ask for your patience during the registration process as it is not a simple task. If you face any difficulties, please send your questions to, or directly at SAM helpdesk:

Vendors are also required to submit and mail a notarized letter appointing their Entity Administrator. The scan copy of the letter must be uploaded to Federal Service Desk service ticket at

Vendors can find the template of the letter in the “Download” section on the right.

The registration requires update every 12 months, or each time when the status of the company changes. Vendors are required to update company profile by submitting the most current and valid copy of the document(s) issued by your public authority that confirms said status without delay on the SAM web site.