The American Embassy in Bratislava encourages further integration by Slovakia into western institutions, especially NATO, OECD, and the EU, and supports continued economic and political reform in Slovakia.
The Embassy team:
- Explains and advocates the position of the United States Government on bilateral and multilateral issues
- Reports and explains to the United States Government conditions in Slovakia and Slovak positions on issues of interest
- Promotes United States commercial interests and encourages creation of an improved business climate
- Provides protection to American citizens abroad and various documentary services to American and foreign nationals
- Facilitates educational, professional, and cultural exchanges between the United States and Slovakia.