Location: There is a demonstration planned for Námestie Alexandra Dubčeka in front of the National Council building in Bratislava.
Event: A demonstration is planned for Monday, March 26, 2018 beginning at 17:00 to 19:00 to protest against the proposed new government following the resignation of the previous Slovak Prime Minister. A crowd in the thousands is expected to attend the protest to be held at Námestie Alexandra Dubčeka in front of the Slovak National Council and adjacent to the Bratislava castle.
Roads in the area around Bratislava’s Staré Mesto (Old Town) will be closed and public transportation will also stop during the planned time of the protest.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid downtown Bratislava
- Avoid demonstrations
- Avoid crowds
- Monitor local news for developments
- Be aware of your surroundings
For further information:
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollmet Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at +02 5443 0861, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +0903 703 666.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Visit the Embassy webpage.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.