Location: There is a demonstration planned for Námestie SNP in Bratislava and in the main square of Humenné.
Event: A demonstration is planned for Sunday, April 15, 2018 beginning at 16:00 to 18:00 to protest against the National Police Chief and Special Prosecutor. A crowd in the thousands is expected to attend the protest to be held at Námestie SNP and the main square of Humenné.
Roads in the area around Bratislava’s Staré Mesto (Old Town) will be closed and public transportation will also stop during the planned time of the protest.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid downtown Bratislava and Humenné
- Avoid demonstrations
- Avoid crowds
- Monitor local news for developments
- Be aware of your surroundings
For further information:
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at +02 5443 0861, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +0903 703 666.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except S. federal holidays).
- Visit the Embassy webpage.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.