Location: Hviezdoslavovo Square
Time: 13:00 to 17:00, but crowds may gather early and stay late
Event: Demonstrations against U.S. government policy are expected to take place in and around Hviezdoslavovo Square during the afternoon hours of Saturday, January 22, 2022. These demonstrations are expected to draw larger crowds than demonstrations last weekend. U.S. government personnel have been advised to avoid the areas.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile pay attention to your surroundings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates: Slovak Spectator is a local English language newspaper; Radio RSI is a radio station with some English.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at +02 5443 0861, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +0903 703 666.
- To reach Consular Affairs in Washington, D.C., call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Visit the wepage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook