Location: Multiple locations around central Bratislava (see below)
Event: Demonstrations against the Slovak government are expected to take place across multiple locations in Bratislava on Wednesday, February 2, 2022. These demonstrations may draw several thousand participants. U.S. government personnel have been advised to avoid the areas.
Protest Location: Námestie Slobody (Government of Slovakia)
Time: 11:00 until 15:00
Protest Locations: Námestie Alexandra Dubčeka (Parliament)
Time: 16:00 until 20:00
Protest Locations: Námestie Alexandra Dubčeka (Parliament), Hodzovo námestie (Presidential Palace), Námestie slobody (Government of Slovakia)
Time: Beginning at 11:00
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile pay attention to your surroundings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates: Slovak Spectator is a local English language newspaper; Radio RSI is a radio station with some English.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at +02 5443 0861, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +0903 703 666.
- To reach Consular Affairs in Washington, D.C., call 1-888-407-4747toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Visit the webpage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook