Subject: Large Protests in Bratislava and Kosice on Constitution Day, September 1
Location: Bratislava and Kosice, Slovakia
Date and Time: Wednesday, September 1, 2021 from 11:00 to 20:00
Large protests against the government of Slovakia are scheduled to occur in the city centers of Bratislava and Kosice. Although organizers intend for the demonstrations to be peaceful, outside organizations including neo-Nazi and opposition groups, could take advantage of any protest to promote their own agendas.
Protest Locations: Bratislava: Hodzovo námestie, Námestie Slobody, Námestie SNP, Hlavné námestie, Námestie Alexandra Dubčeka, Presidential Palace, Freedom Square, SNP Square, Main Square, Parliament Building, major GOS government and Zámocká street at the castle wall. Kosice: Around the Constitutional Court.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area(s) of the demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile and pay attention to your surroundings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates: Slovak Spectatoris a local English language newspaper; Radio RSI is a radio station with some English.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at +02 5443 0861, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +0903 703 666.
- To reach Consular Affairs in Washington, D.C., call 1-888-407-4747toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Visit the wepage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook