Location: Námestie Alexandra Dubčeka (Parliament), Bratislava, Slovakia
Date: Tuesday, February 8
Time: 12:00 to 19:00
Location: Hviezdoslav námestie (U.S. Embassy), Bratislava, Slovakia
Date: Thursday, February 10
Time: 15:00 to 18:00
Event: Demonstrations against U.S. government policy are expected to take place near the Parliament building in Bratislava during the afternoon and evening of February 8, 2022 and in front of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava during the afternoon and evening of Thursday, February 10, 2022. The demonstrations may draw many hundreds of participants who could disrupt traffic patterns. U.S. government personnel have been advised to avoid the areas.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile and pay attention to your surroundings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates: Slovak Spectator is a local English language newspaper; Radio RSI is a radio station with some English.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at +02 5443 0861, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +0903 703 666.
- To reach Consular Affairs in Washington, D.C., call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Visit the wepage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook