Because of public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, effective March 20, 2020, the U.S Department of State began limiting its passport operations. Effective April 2, we have further limited our ability to offer routine passport and citizenship services overseas.
In an emergency, Embassy Bratislava can assist with an emergency passport for an adult or a minor. If you have not received your Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA), an emergency passport may be issued by Embassy Bratislava. Please consider waiting to apply until we resume normal operations.
For emergency passport services for U.S. citizens abroad, please contact Embassy Bratislava.
If you have previously applied for a passport or citizenship service, you should expect significant delays receiving your passport and your citizenship evidence documents. Contact Embassy Bratislava to check on the status of your passport or citizenship document such as a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA). Please consider waiting to apply until we resume normal operations.
We encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive the latest updates in Slovakia, as well as the days and hours of American Citizen Services and possible future evacuation plans.
For all other American Citizen Services in Slovakia, please contact Embassy Bratislava.
General Travel Assistance:
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo namestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at +0 254 430 861, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +0 903 703 666.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Visit the Embassy webpage.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook