Subject: Notice for U.S. Citizens: Protest March Throughout Bratislava City Center
Location: Protest march starting in Hodžovo Square with stops at German, French, UK, and US Embassies
Time: Thursday, Friday, October 27, between 17:00 – 20:00
The U.S. Embassy would like to advise about a march and gathering scheduled for tomorrow, October 27th beginning at 17:00. Various organizers have called for a solidarity gathering and march in support of the Palestinian people. The march is expected to begin at Hodžovo Square in front of the Presidential Palace, then move through the city center (exact route unknown) with a brief stop at the US Embassy on Hviezdoslavovo Square. While the number of participants is unclear, the total number could reach into the hundreds.
Actions to Take:
- Be cautious of your surroundings and practice situational awareness at all times.
- If altercations or violence occurs, remove yourself and any family/group members from the area immediately to a safe location (police officer, known public area, etc.);
- Set a predetermined time and location to meet with friends and family should you become separated.
· Contact the U.S. Embassy in Slovakia located at Hviezdoslavovo námestie 4-5 in Bratislava, at 02/544 308 61, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +421-903-703-666.
· To reach Consular Affairs in Washington, D.C., call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
· Visit the webpage of the U.S. Embassy in Bratislava